Far East Hospitality Trust

It has been a frustrating 2 days as i have been trying to find a good entry point for either Far East Hospitality Trust ("FEHT") or CDL Hospitality Trust. ("CDLHT"). I was actually quite tempted to buy CDLHT for my SRS portfolio when i wrote this post, but unfortunately, i missed the boat. The chart for CDLHT actually looks very good right now... even "better looking" than FEHT.

However, with the ROFR expiring between CDL and CDLHT, my personal preference was to buy FEHT for my SRS account as it seems to have better growth prospects and a potential market leader. 

If you have been following my Singapore IPO blog, you will know that i managed to get 21 lots at 93 cents but unfortunately, they are not 'sitting' in my SRS account but my wife's CDP account.... so i was hopping to do an 'arbitrage' trade where i sell at higher price from my wife's account and buy back at lower price for my SRS account. Well, the plan failed miserably as my buy orders was not done at 95 yesterday.

So here you go, added 5 lots of FEHT at 98.5 cents for my SRS account today.

The yield play on the Singapore market continues to be very 'hot'. 

I was updating my portfolio based on the august transactions and it seemed to be shaping up quite nicely. 


The % above is based on the current value (not historical cost) and is spread across various types of REITs and industries.

I am still sitting on a bit of cash in SRS and will probably add a few more portfolio companies in the next few months or i may increase my exposure to the companies in the current portfolio. I have yet to contribute current year capital.

I am monitoring the dividend paying stocks in the following industry:
  • Healthcare REITs - Parkway Life
  • Oil & Gas Company - Boustead 
  • Ship building - STX OSV
  • Engineering - SIA Engineering
  • Logistics - Singapore Post
  • F&B - SATs
I will probably add them if i can find a good entry point. Will need the market to crash a bit?

I manage to create a nice look spreadsheet with all the stocks i am monitoring with price feeds and yields all downloaded automatically... the power of technology!  

Please share with me your list of stocks too if i missed out any interesting companies.


Comments

  1. Hey, I manage to unload at 0.995, giving me a return of about 6.6% for one week, similar to My options of about 3-9% weekly or monthly.
    http://gainmassivecash.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Swee Chye, you are into options trading? Me used to trade options very long ago but really, don't have the time and stamina to do it every night... zzz...need to sleep.. hahaha...

    Thought of getting back at options by selling calls or writing puts rather than buying straight calls or puts options but the idea of staying up at nights really not very appealing. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey 2Y Capital,
      That is precisely what I'm doing. Selling calls and/or writing puts options, basically, you are like a landlord renting out to tenants, rather than speculating or trading.

      There are monthly and weekly options, and those in my blogs are especially selected based on certain criteria being met before it is posted. Of course, I can't be buying all of them, will need lots of capital, so I'm selective, looking at the risk-reward ratios and the returns.

      And definitely, I almost don't even spend any time viewing or watching the market at nights, and sleeping peacefully, since my entry are based on those set criterias, so if the orders are filled, they probably meet the criteria, else they are automatically cancelled since my orders are day orders only.

      I do also replicate the same entry for my virtual acct, and notice that the virtual acct tends to have a better price and returns as compared to my actual live acct.

      Take a look and let me know if you are interested, and you can open an account and do virtual trading first, before diving into live once you are comfortable.
      The returns are definitely pretty good at 3-9% per month or even weekly.

      http://gainmassivecash.com/blog/

      Delete
  3. What do u think of ascott REIT ?the yield is quite high compared to the other hospitality REIT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is not bad. Quite like it. Just that it has ran up quite a bit. I was contemplating it a month back but never act on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how about SingPost? the dividend policy is quite good and its stock has been performing quite okay for the past few years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is mentioned in my list above. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts