The iPhone5 is so HOT.... that I top up my SRS account.



I thought I was "lucky" enough to receive the confirmation email from Singtel to inform me that I can book an appointment to Marina Bay Sands on last Friday. The "happiness" turned to "frustration" when i couldn't even log in at 10pm and after trying for the longest time, i was informed that all the slots have been taken up. :(



On Friday evening, I received an email telling me that I was able to purchase the phone from any Singtel shops from Saturday onwards. I decided "strategise" and visit the most remote outlet in Raffles Place to buy my phone (since most people have a 5 day work week).

I reached the outlet at 10.15am only to find out that there are so many others who think the same way as me......and the queues were snaking around the outlet in Clifford Centre...and from the look of it, it will probably take me at least an hour or two before i can buy the phone.

I hated queuing and nothing is going to make me queue for 2 hrs unless I am in Disneyland. hahaha.

So i headed to the Golden Shoe Carpark.. and on my way, i see that the DBS bank is empty! There are no queues! 

Since i went off empty handed, I decided to do something useful and top up my SRS account. Here you go. I brought forward my plan (from mid Dec) and transferred $12,750 into my SRS account. For those who wants to deposit, you have to do it before December 31 to enjoy the tax benefits against the income earned in 2012. This is an earlier post on how to open one.

Happy SRSing.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts