Addition of "ACS" to SRS portfolio

Today I added 3 positions to my SRS portfolio (2 new and 1 existing).

Frankly i am not sure if it is a good time to buy (technically don't seem to be the time yet) but as i have shared with you, this diversified Starfish SRS portfolio is meant to create a stream of passive income to fund my retirement. I still have side pockets of cash to take advantage of the crisis (if and when it happens), be it in stocks or property. Remember to always keep a pool of cash on hand for such purposes but more importantly, know how to deploy them when the time comes.

In addition, I have 2 other "instruments" to help me "hedge" my positions via futures and CFDs when necessary, so you too will have to expand your repertoire of skill sets over time.

Ascott Reit


I sold my Ascott REIT on 29 May 2013. Today, i bought 5 lots back at $1.265. The yield at current price is more than 6.5% (assuming occupancy remains the same). This is my only hospitality REIT at this juncture with most properties outside "hazy" Singapore.

Croesus REIT


My entry post was here. I have to admit to you that my entry was too early and at that time, I was 'switching out' the 4 lots which i get from the ATM into SRS. Today, i added another 5 lots of Croesus REIT at $0.945. The yield at current price is close to 8%.

Suntec REIT


I have previously owned Suntec. Today i bought 5 lots at $1.545. The yield at current price is more than 5.8%. Probably the yield will go up once the asset enhancement projects are over. I wanted some exposure from the office sector to balance up my portfolio.

Invested Capital and Cash on Hand

My total contribution (i.e. investment capital) from 2006 to 2012 is as follows:
2006 - $11,475
2007 - $11,475
2008 - $11,475
2009 - $11,475
2010 - $11,475
2011 - $12,750
2012 - $12,750
Total = $82,875 

Current portfolio value based on today's share price plus cash is around = $102,371 

My remaining cash is running low and i may contribute the 2013 allocation of $12,750 to the SRS account soon.

Passive Income Goal

Assuming my portfolio cost of $82,875 generates a yield of 8%, my passive income will be around $6,630 per annum. I will work out the implied forward yield of my portfolio when i have the time.

Sigh... still a long way to go! I want it to hit at least $50,000 per annum before i retire... :(

Comments

  1. All u need is a mkt crash that bring yield to 15 to 20%

    ReplyDelete
  2. The market doesn't have a clear direction now. The talk on interest rates is moving it up and down. Its important to have a plan and follow a plan. No one can know when is the best time to buy or sell. I would also buy in if the market resumes its uptrend. Even if I'm wrong, I would follow my plan and get out again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. Everyone needs to have their own plans!

      Delete
  3. Hi

    Do you time your exit with a stop-loss plan? I mean the yield would be greater during the correction and I would be even more tempted to go in than during the bull run.

    Your recent ACS purchase is definitely high on my list too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I tend to have wider stop loss and longer time frame for this account. And this is also a passive income account.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts